Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jack Frost comes nipping at our noses in Mn

Well we had our 1st snow fall today that resulted in having to shovel the driveway! I can't really complain too much, cause it DID hold off until the 2nd week in December :) Yes, it is pretty, and seeing the excitement on the my kids faces is fun.

We have been laying low this past week. Not too much has gone on in our house. I did attend a beautiful Ladies Christmas tea last Friday night at Emmanuel Christian Center, and saw many old friends (we attended there for 5 years before moving 45 min away, thus finding a church much closer to home). The evening was just breathtaking. There were 54 tables with 8 ladies seated at each. The Hostess of each table decorated their table SO elaborately! It felt like you were fine dining at a beautiful resturant. We were read several Christmas stories by the guest speaker, and had a wonderful time visiting :) I just LOVE having girl time (especially since I'm the only one in MY family)!

I'm a little behind on Christmas shopping this year. Usually I have it all done by this point, but I'm finding it extra hard to think of things to buy my youngest little boy Nicholas. When you have 3 of the same gender there isn't much that he likes that I don't have already! If he had been a girl, gift giving would have been MUCH simpler! Of course I love him to pieces, I'm just saying :) So.. my gift ideas for him continue to give me woo.

This weekend I'm planning to do some Christmas baking with the boys. They all love to help pour ingredients in :) Its a fun thing they do with Mommy! Well, until next time :)

5 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Seriously. It is FREEZING!!!! I'm happy we will have snow for Christmas though! (Then it's a deep breath of hunkering down for a LoNg Winter...) I could see how buying presents for all boys could be tricky! Even though there were only two girls in my family, I always loved when I got my "own" things that were different from my sisters! :) Good luck! :)

Corey said...

You have a VERY good point there about liking to get your OWN things (didn't look at it from that angle, maybe cause it was just my Bro and I growing up:) Thanks for the TIP!!!! :) See, its always great to hear others experiences and glean from them, have a great week Beth, Miss you guys!!!!

The Smith Clan said...

We miss you too Corey! I'm glad we get to connect in this way :)

Rachie Pachie said...

Maybe you need to have a girl...

Just saying... ;)

Good luck finding the rest of the gifts!

Corey said...

Believe me Rachel...if it were as easy as putting in an order for a girl, we would have had one several years ago!!! But, as you know, God chooses what we will have, not us, and we have to just learn to except what we have, cause unfortunately, we don't always get what we want! Not having a daughter, is a constant contentment struggle I have, but learning to give that want up to the Lord, is a continual growing pain for me! He does ease the yearning, but then when I think I'm over wanting a girl, and content with having ONLY BOYS, it comes back! I know in my head, that we don't always get our WAY, and we won't always like the hand we are dealt, but by God's Grace, we can see the silver lining and be grateful. I'm very grateful for my 3 healthy boys! I'd much rather have healthy boys, then a disabled little girl (Its all in how you look at things :)
Too bad we can't just all get the gender children we want ( I know that some people do end up with just what they want, and I think, why not me too, and I don't think its fair, but they may also have a struggle that I don't know about cause no one has a perfect life in every area! We alltimately have to try to be happy with what we have).
Sorry for such a long reply, but as you can see, I have a lot to say on this subject, since it is SO close to my heart!!! Have a great week!