Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookies.......

One of the things I LOVE about this time of year, is having a REALLY good excuse to bake! Of course, having cookies any day are always a treat :) I have to admit, that cookies do seem to be one of my weaknesses, and when I bake, they don't seem to stay around long, LOL. Have you ever had to hide food from yourself just so you will forget about it throughout the day, and so you won't eat it all? If you don't hide it from yourself the whole family will mad at you when they go to get a treat. Well, sadly, that is me!
This year I set an evening aside for us to bake as a family! It was really fun, and I think that this is gonna be our 1st annual cookie night as the Allen family! Most times I would just let the boys be involved, but for some reason I thought it might be nice to have us all cut out and decorate the cookies together, and it was! Thank God everyone was in a good mood after a long day at school and work. So we cut, decorated, baked and then when they were done I poured everyone some Eggnog and we had some warm cookies before bed! Now that is my kind of bedtime snack :)

1 comment:

Rachie Pachie said...

Ooooo, sounds good! I'm sure that was the best way to end a day, too! :)