Monday, November 30, 2009

If only.....

In a few hours from now, it will be OFFICIALLY December, and there is miraculously NO snow whatsoever on the ground!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! If only Minnesota could go just 1 winter without all of the white stuff, I'd be elated!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that the snow has held off this long!!! It will certainly make the winter seem shorter (OK, 4 mo long instead of 5,LOL). Do I sound like I'm a snow hater? Maybe I am!! Its pretty ,and all,but shoveling, and driving, and feeling confined to your house for months on end isn't what I call fun! Many natives feel that Christmas isn't a Christmas without snow on the ground! I'd like to share my thoughts about Christmas w/o snow, and why I think its JUST as Wonderful!! I know many of you from Minnesota aren't agreeing with me as you read this, but... if your a Floridian, you can empathize with me and know where I'm coming from. :)
Christmas in Florida is of course snow less. All I ever needed was just a little nip in the air for it to FEEL like Christmas was on its way. Decorating your house with lights was a pleasant experience since you weren't freezing your figures and ears off! With the weather being warmer, people can decorate their houses SO elaborately with lights, its just gorgeous to drive by and see. One thing I really miss about Christmas in Florida is going Caroling! Its too Frigid to go caroling up here! We were in a church choir in Fl, and we would all pile onto a flat bed with hay and drive though neighborhoods singing and drinking cocoa. You didn't freeze, it may have been a little cold, but not too unpleasant. Cliff was in a local church choir here in Mn for over 5 years, and caroling (outdoors)was never done (beyond indoors at the nursing home). Man, do I miss Florida!! Each winter that we are up here, I seem to miss things more (I'm of course reminded of the things I miss in my least favorite season). But, alas, Minnesota is where I live, and the snow is gonna come soon, so I might as well grin and bear it :) :) :) Not liking snow doesn't make me a Grinch, I just happen to think that a Christmas w/o snow, can be even More wonderful than with it!!
Merry Christmas to All, and to All a goodnight!!!

3 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

oh Corey, you are too cute! I can TOTALLY see how it would be amazing to have Christmas in Florida!! I think I seriously wonder WHY I live in this frozen tundra every year!! (I'm cold ALL THE TIME!!) :) Either way, I'm hoping for a little snow for Christmas :)

Ma said...

Corey, I've been checking your blog for months now ~ wanting to read about your day-to-day life :~), but each time I checked there was nothing new.

I almost didn't check tonight, but thought I'd try "just in case". AND I hit the jack pot! :~) Three blogs all in one night!

Thanks for posting. I love catching up a little bit on your life.

I'm so glad your mom and Craig got to come up. I agree with you that two years is WAY to long not to see your sibling!!! I hope it'll never be that long again. I'm sure your mom was so happy to be with you!

Keep posting ~ I'll keep reading :~)!!!

Love you, Corey,

Mrs. Edress

Corey said...

Love you TOO Mrs. Edress!!!!! I'm gonna TRY to be better about posting! Glad you enjoying reading them :) Tell Mr. Robert I said "Hello''
Sending Hugs,
Corey